1. From your computer, login into the Web Dashboard.
2. Click Settings.
3. Click on Document Settings.
4. Scroll down to Document Numbers.
If you click yes, then you are using the InvoiceASAP numbering system.
When you use the automatic invoice numbering in invoiceASAP, the invoice format is in this format:
I = invoice
yy = Current Year
mm = Current Month
dd = Current Day
999 = sequential number
You can override this with any number that you want. But we currently do not offer sequential numbering of invoices.
5. If you click no, then you are using your own invoice numbering format.
6. Add starting document number and save.
7. You can add document prefixes and save.
You can set your invoices to be sequentially numbered, but the sequential number applies to all documents.
For example, if you define your invoice numbering to start at 1000, then the first invoice you create will be 1000.
If you create an estimate next, that will be number 1001.
And if you create an invoice after that, it will be number 1002.
8. Refresh on your mobile device.