You can give a dollar amount discount to any of your customers by taking the following steps:
- Create a new item by tapping the Manage App > App Settings > Products & Services, then tapping the Plus button in the upper right corner.
- Give the item the name Discount and the Unit Price a placeholder amount of 1. The Item Code is optional.
- Save the item
- Create a new invoice (or edit an existing one) as you normally do
- Add the full priced item to the invoice
- Next, add the Discount item:
- Change the Unit Price to the discount amount
- Change the Quantity from 1 to -1. This is what turns the amount into a negative number in order to apply the discount.
- Add any comments about the discount
That's it! Your invoice will show the regularly priced item and the discount you have applied to it.
We don't currently support percentage-based markups for the total cost.
However, there is a way to mimic this behavior that is pretty simple:
- Create a service item in InvoiceASAP named Service Fee (or something similar).
- Set the price of the new item to 0.05.
- Once you have created an invoice and added all your items to it, look at the total for the invoice (let's say it's $100).
- Add the Service Fee item to your invoice, and put 100 as the quantity. This will add a line item to your invoice with a value of 5, which is 5% of the total invoice value.